You’ve heard the rumors and now it’s news. It’s all about FileMaker 10. Released Monday Jan 5th, it contains one feature in particular, which developers have been asking about for years (quite possibly almost a decade).
Can I hear a HOOORAY? It really is finally here, and the implementation is quite good (despite my feelings about functionality being buried down into dialog boxes - it’s just the FileMaker way)
When it comes down to a full write up about FileMaker 10, I often find myself taking a bunch of time to explore features and details which are often covered quite well by other sources. Personally, I tend to focus on implementations of unique and specific features - so I’ll keep heading in that direction. Expect to see some great FileMaker 10 techniques over the coming year!
If you want the quick list of FileMaker 10 new features, you’ll find them on our editable faq.
So, this article is a source you can re-check, which I will update as new information is released.
- Macworld FileMaker 10 First Look is a bit of an overview and more for the general market.
- SixFriedRice - Geoff Coffey ALWAYS does a killer job of covering the finer points! A MUST read.
- Macworld’s Expo Posting is a simple posting about the fact that FileMaker 10 was released.
- FileMaker calls new Pro 10 the most ‘beautiful’ database around is a standard PR piece from Computerworld.
- Various other PR releases about FileMaker 10 via Google News.